Last Modified: November 15, 2018
2. Important Information Regarding Use of the Services and Third Parties.
In addition, we are not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure or security policies or practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest (collectively “Social Media Pages”) Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including with respect to any Personally Identifiable Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Apps or our Social Media Pages.
The Services are operated in the United States and are not intended for use by residents of any country outside of the US. The Services and our use of Personally Identifiable Information is governed solely by US law.
3. What personal information is collected by Dollar General?
We may collect “Personally Identifiable Information” that you provide when you interact with us, including, but not limited to, your first and last name, home address, e-mail address and telephone number.
We and our service providers may collect Personally Identifiable Information in a variety of ways, including when you:
- Make an online purchase, return, exchange or request information about our products;
- Create an online account on the Services, or sign up for e-mails or mobile text messages regarding special offers;
- Participate in a contest, promotion or sweepstakes
- Opt in for Geo-Targeted savings alerts and/or use our Store Locator Service; or
- Provide us with comments or suggestions through the Services.
4. How do you use my Personally Identifiable Information?
We and our service providers may use Personally Identifiable Information:
- To communicate with you about your use of the Services;
- To advise you of promotions, sales or other special opportunities, such as digital coupons offers;
- To complete and fulfill your purchase, for example, to process your payment, have your order delivered to you, communicate with you regarding your purchase and provide you with related customer service.
- For our business purposes, such as audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, enhancing, improving or modifying our Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
- To personalize your experience on the Services by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
If you have created an account on our Website, you have the opportunity to e-mail product pages to your friends. By using this functionality, you are telling us that you are entitled to provide us with your friend’s name and email address. In order to accomplish this, you must provide your friend’s name and e-mail address to us.
5. Does Dollar General collect Personally Identifiable Information of children?
The Services are not designed for or directed to children under the age of 13, and we request that they do not provide Personally Identifiable Information through the Services.
6. How may Dollar General disclose my Personally Identifiable Information?
Your Personally Identifiable Information may be disclosed:
- To our affiliates, selected product vendors, and trusted partners with whom we have a business relationship in order to address a product concern, or to notify you of special offers and promotions relating to such companies’ products available through Dollar General;
- To our third-party service providers who help us provide a particular operation and its services (e.g., electronic commerce, digital coupon platform). Examples of the services performed by these third-party service providers include:
- payment processing and authorization;
- fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- order fulfillment and shipping;
- marketing and promotional material distribution.
- To third-party sponsors of sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions.
- To identify you to anyone to whom you send messages through the Services.
- By you, on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials (including, without limitation, our Social Media Pages). Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public and may be available to other users and the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose any information on the Services.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
7. Other Information
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual, such as:
- Browser and device information
- App usage data
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Temporary or persistent unique device identifiers
- Demographic information and other information provided by you
- Aggregated information
If we are required to treat Other Information as Personally Identifiable Information under applicable law, then we may use it for the purposes for which we use and disclose Personally Identifiable Information as detailed in this Policy.
We and our service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information may be collected via your browsers or through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, the name and version of the Services (such as the App) you are using, battery usage, battery charge and battery state. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
- Through your use of the App: When you download and use the App, we and our service providers may track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some Services to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
- IP Address: Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer or mobile device that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Services, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems and administering the Services. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
- Physical Location: We may collect the physical location of your device and/or other location attributes (such as fenceID, speed, altitude, accuracy, and bearing) by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or WiFi signals. We may use your device’s physical location and/or location attributes to provide you with personalized location-based services and content. We may also share your device’s physical location, combined with information about what advertisements you viewed and other information we collect, with our marketing partners to enable them to provide you with more personalized content and to study the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses and/or sharing of your device’s location, but if you do, we and/or our marketing partners may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content. Geolocation services can be turned off or on via the Settings Area of the Apps or in the Location Services area of your mobile device. You can stop all collection of information by the Apps by uninstalling the Application. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of the mobile device’s operating system or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
- From you: Information such as your preferred means of communication is collected when you voluntarily provide it.
- By aggregating information: Aggregated Personally Identifiable Information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Services (for example, we may aggregate Personally Identifiable Information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code).
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personally Identifiable Information (such as combining your name with your location). If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personally Identifiable Information as long as it is combined.
8. Our Advertising
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Services and other websites or online services, based on information relating to your access to and use of the Services and other websites or online services on any of your devices, as well as on information received from third parties. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through the use of pixel tags). They may also use these technologies, along with information they collect about your online use, to recognize you across the devices you use, such as a mobile phone and a laptop.
9. How does Dollar General secure information?
Dollar General and our third party service providers seek to use reasonable technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to protect Personally Identifiable Information.
Although we work to protect Personally Identifiable Information, you should be aware that no technology is perfect and no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
10. How do I review the information Dollar General has about me?
If you would like to review, correct or update Personally Identifiable Information that you have previously provided to us, you may do the following, depending on the type of information at issue and the nature of how it was collected:
Information for Accounts Created on Our Website
- If you have created an Online Shopping account on our Website, you can access your profile information at any time by clicking on the “My Account” link.
- Information provided to DG Digital Coupons is available in the Settings area of the DG Digital Coupons Webpage or with your eReceipts. If you would like to remove your Digital Coupon account, visit: http://www.dollargeneral.com/dcfeedback
Information We Have Collected and Retained
- If you would like to review or correct any Personally Identifiable Information we have collected directly from you, please send an e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All such e-mail requests must be written in the English language. In your request, please make clear the Personally Identifiable Information that you would like to review or have corrected; however, please do not send or disclose to us, any sensitive Personally Identifiable Information (defined in Section 15 below) in such request.
- For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personally Identifiable Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
- Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change (e.g., when you make a purchase or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change the Personally Identifiable Information provided until after the completion of such purchase or promotion). There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed or changed.
Information You Provided in Connection With A Promotion or Sweepstakes
- If you wish to update Personally Identifiable Information you have provided in connection with a promotion or sweepstakes, please consult the Official Rules of that promotion or sweepstakes.
Information Relating to Services Provided by Our Service Providers
- If you need help accessing your information related to a service provided by one of our service providers, we will assist you by referring you to the third party. Please contact us for that information by submitting an e-mail request to email@example.com.
Information for Accounts Created on the Apps
- If you have created an Online Shopping account, you can access your profile information at any time by clicking on the “My Account” link.
11. What are my choices regarding Dollar General’s use and disclosure of my Personally Identifiable Information?
- If you no longer want to receive marketing-related e-mail from Dollar General, such as e-mails relating to offers or promotions, you can opt-out by selecting the unsubscribe link located within any such e-mail.
- If you would like to remove yourself from the Dollar General Text message service, reply “STOP” to an incoming message or send the word “STOP” to 34898.
- If you would like to stop the eReceipt service, you can do so in the settings area for DG Digital Coupons.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt-out.
13. California Do Not Track Policy
Some browsers have a “do not track” feature that may transmit "do not track" signals to the websites and other online services with which the browser communicates. At this time, we do not currently participate in any “Do Not Track” (DNT) systems that would allow us to respond to such browser “do not track” signals.
14. Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident and have provided Personally Identifiable Information to us, you have the right to request and receive information regarding the disclosure of certain categories of your Personally Identifiable Information by Dollar General to our affiliates or third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Any such requests for information can be made by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing us at:
Dollar General Corporation
100 Mission Ridge
Attn: Marketing Department.
15. Sensitive Information
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personally Identifiable Information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, or criminal background) on or through the Services.
16. Contacting Us
Dollar General Corporation
ATTN: Legal Department
100 Mission Ridge
Depending on your email service and other related factors to how you send email, email is not an appropriate channel for communicating sensitive information, including, but not limited to, credit card or Social Security numbers to us. Please do not include any sensitive information in your emails to us.