Puppies grow so fast, it can be hard to remember how tiny they once were. Preserve those memories with a clay paw print and growth chart you can cherish forever. Here’s how to make these invaluable keepsakes:
Clay Paw Print
1. Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
2. Warm over medium heat, stirring continuously. Before long, the mixture will come together in a mass and begin to resemble mashed potatoes. Remove from heat.
3. Place mixture in a bowl and cover with a wet towel. Let cool for about 15 minutes.
4. Roll out dough to desired size. (You can use the edges of a bowl as a cookie cutter to shape it into a perfect circle, or shape it with your hands.)
5. Take your dog's paw and place it firmly in the center of the dough. Before doing so, make sure your dog does not have any cracks or injuries on its paw. Afterward, wipe your dog’s paw with a clean wet cloth.
6. Bake at 200°F for one hour and let sit overnight or until project becomes hard.
7. Paint the indents in your dog's paw print to make it stand out.
Article provided by Purina
Dollar General is not responsible for the content above and disclaims all liability therefrom. Dollar General does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party, product, service, or information provided on this site. All content provided herein is for educational purposes only. It is provided “as is” and as such, the accuracy of same is not warranted in any way. Such content is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the diagnosis, treatment and advice of a veterinarian. Such content does not cover all possible side effects of any new or different dietary program or skin/coat program for your pet. Consult your veterinarian for guidance before changing or undertaking a new diet or grooming plan.
If your pet has dietary restrictions and/or allergies, always read the ingredient list carefully for all food or grooming products prior to using. Neither Triad Digital Media, LLC nor Dollar General make any representations as to the accuracy or efficacy of the information provided nor do they assume any responsibility for errors, omissions or contrary interpretation of the subject matter herein. Special written permission is required to reproduce in any manner, in whole or in part.