Delicious Thanksgiving sides that are easy and affordable? Dollar General makes this dream a reality, with great prices on your favorite brands for holiday feast side dishes. We’re showing you how with three easy side dish recipes today: Bacon-Wrapped Stuffing Balls using Stove Top Chicken Stuffing Mix, a Dinnertime Biscuits & Gravy Bake made with Heinz Homestyle Savory Beef Gravy, and a Cheesy Potato Bake with Velveeta Original Loaf.
No Thanksgiving is complete without Stove Top Chicken Stuffing Mix. One box of Stove Top Stuffing Mix and 5 minutes of cooking time is all you need to make the classic side (and it’s available along with other classic holiday sides at your local Dollar General). It’s also versatile enough to use in recipes, too. If you want to take it to the next level this year, we’re sharing a recipe below for individually portioned Bacon-Wrapped Stuffing Balls. Since Stove Top Stuffing Mix is made with herbs, spices, and real chicken broth, you don’t need much else to make this uber- impressive (but crazy easy) side.
Save time and energy on your Thanksgiving prep with Heinz HomeStyle Savory Beef Gravy, which is ready to heat and eat! Made with real beef stock, robustly seasoned, and with a smooth and creamy texture, this is a gravy the whole family will love. Serve it over mashed potatoes, add it to pot roasts, or use it in recipes like the Dinnertime Biscuits & Gravy Bake we’re sharing today… Heinz HomeStyle Savory Beef Gravy makes all of your homemade meals better any time of year, and with less work!
There’s a reason Velveeta Original Loaf is referred to as “liquid gold.” Upgrade a simple potato au gratin side dish by adding creamy Velveeta, and the humble potato becomes the star of the holiday feast! Made from aged natural cheddar cheese, Velveeta Original Loaf has a mild and creamy flavor that works perfectly in a number of recipes from dips, to hot sandwiches, soups, vegetables, and more. You can dice it, melt it, grate it, or slice it, and the meltability is unmatched. You’ll love how delicious it is in the Cheesy Potato Bake, and you’ll be shocked at how easy the recipe is to make.
Bacon-Wrapped Stuffing Balls
· 2 6-ounce boxes Stove Top Chicken Stuffing Mix
· 3 cups water
· ½ cup margarine or butter
· 1 pack bacon
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Prepare Stove Top Chicken Stuffing Mix with water and butter according to package directions. Set aside to cool.
3. When stuffing has cooled, form into 10 3-inch balls. Wrap each ball with one piece of bacon, securing with a toothpick.
4. Place stuffing balls on the prepared baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the bacon has reached your desired crispness, rotating the baking sheet halfway through the cooking time.
5. Remove the toothpicks and transfer stuffing balls to a serving platter.
Dinnertime Biscuits & Gravy Bake
· 1 16-ounce can refrigerated biscuit dough
· 2 12-ounce jars Heinz Homestyle Savory Beef Gravy
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Tear biscuits into pieces. Spread half of the biscuit pieces in an even layer on the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish. Pour the Heinz Homestyle Savory Beef Gravy over the biscuits. Place the remaining biscuit pieces evenly on top.
3. Bake in the preheated oven until the biscuits are golden, about 20 minutes.
Cheesy Potato Bake
· 3 pounds gold potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/8-inch thick
· 1/2 cup milk
· 1 teaspoon dry mustard
· 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
· 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
· 1/4 teaspoon pepper
· 1 16-ounce package Velveeta Original Loaf, cubed
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Place the potatoes in the baking dish. Add milk, mustard, onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper to the dish and mix lightly. Add the Velveeta Original Loaf cubes over the top in an even layer. Cover the dish with aluminum foil.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, lift the foil and stir to mix the cheese sauce. Replace the foil and cook for another 15-20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
4. Stir gently before serving.
Stock up on everything you need to make these recipes at Dollar General.
This post has been sponsored by The Kraft Heinz Company. All thoughts and opinions are my own.