There is just something so delicious and nostalgic about a toasted JET-PUFFED Marshmallow between two HONEY MAID Graham Cracker halves and a piece of a melted HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate bar. The flavors are reminiscent of summer nights, bonfires with friends, and the end of a long pool day. When looking for a moment to think back on simpler times, s’mores are something that takes me back. However, when living in an apartment, it’s a bit harder to enjoy summer snacks like s’mores! Bonfires are far and few between in urban areas, so I have come up with some creative ideas to get a s’more fix with the help of Dollar General!
The first step for all of these alternative recipes is to get the ingredients from Dollar General. Shopping for my ingredients was so easy and everything was simple to find at such a low price! Here is your s’mores shopping list for DG.com:
The microwave is the simplest and quickest way to get your S’more. The JET-PUFFED Marshmallows blows up to at least twice its size in the microwave. The result is an ooey gooey s’more treat. The one downside to this strategy is that the marshmallow, while gooey is missing the oh-so-important toasted shell and toasty flavor, but it works well in a pinch and is the quickest way to make a s’more at home!
1. First build your s’more with one JET-PUFFED Marshmallow and square of HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate on top of one half of a HONEY MAID Graham Cracker.
2. Microwave for 10-15 seconds—watch to make sure it doesn’t get too big!
3. Add the other half of the HONEY MAID Graham Cracker on top, smush down, and enjoy!
In the Oven
As we know from piling the marshmallows on top of a sweet potato casserole at thanksgiving, you can bake marshmallows in the oven and achieve a perfectly browned hard outside shell on your marshmallow significantly closer to that of one toasted over a fire. To accomplish a successful oven s’more, follow these steps:
1. Set the two halves of the HONEY MAID Graham Crackers open face next to one another.
2. Add your HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate square to one side, and finally, your JET-PUFFED Marshmallow on top of the chocolate.
3. Broil in an oven for 30 seconds to 2 minutes.
4. Add the other half of the HONEY MAID Graham Cracker on top, smush down, and enjoy!
This is a really efficient way to make several s’mores at once for a party, kids’ sleepover, or cookout.
Air Fryer S’mores
It seems like everyone is adding an Air Fryer to their wish list these days, if you have jumped on the bandwagon and have one at home, you can use it to make s’mores! After grabbing your ingredients from Dollar General, your tasty treat is just minutes away.
1. Set one half of the HONEY MAID Graham Cracker open face in your air fryer.
2. Add a piece of HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Bar and a JET-PUFFED Marshmallow to the graham cracker half.
3. Air Fry at 390 degrees for 2-4 minutes.
*Air fryers differ in cooking time. Keep a close watch on your marshmallow and remove once it has a crispy brown outer layer.
4. Add your other half of the HONEY MAID Graham Cracker to top of the marshmallow and smush down to enjoy!