Last Modified: November 2015
2. Important Information Regarding Use of the Website.
3. What information is collected by Dollar General?
We may collect "Personally Identifiable Information" that you provide when you interact with us, including, but not limited to, your first and last name, home address, e-mail address and telephone number. Some examples of when Personally Identifiable Information is collected are when you:
- Make an online purchase, return, exchange or request information about our products;
- Create an online account on the Website or the digital coupon platform, or sign up for e-mails or mobile text messages regarding special offers;
- Engage with Dollar General content through third-party social networking sites. You are responsible for the information you choose to submit via these sites;
- Participate in a contest, promotion or sweepstakes; or
- Provide us with comments or suggestions through the Website.
Each time you visit the Website, the web server may automatically collect certain types of information. Some examples of automatic information we may collect include:
- Your internet service provider's address, browser and reference site domain name;
- Cookies to recognize when you are shopping on the Website; and
- Beacons to know if a certain page was visited, an email was opened, or if ad banners on our Website were effective.
4. Does Dollar General disclose or sell my Personally Identifiable Information to any third parties?
Dollar General does not sell or rent your Personally Identifiable Information. Dollar General only shares information collected through our Website as set forth fully in Section 7 below. These companies are contractually restricted from using, selling, or disclosing information except as may be necessary to provide their specific services to Dollar General and are bound to agreements to protect your information and only use it on Dollar General's behalf.
5. How do you use my Personally Identifiable Information?
We will use your Personally Identifiable Information:
- To communicate with you about your use of our Website;
- To advise you of promotions, sales or other special opportunities, such as digital coupons offers; and
- In connection with an employment application you have submitted.
If you have created an account on our Website, you have the opportunity to e-mail product pages to your friends. In order to accomplish this, you must provide your friend's name and e-mail address to us. We only use your friends' information to send them product pages you request that they receive.
6. Does Dollar General collect Personally Identifiable Information of children?
We do not knowingly solicit or collect Personally Identifiable Information about children under the age of 13. Dollar General is committed to protecting the privacy of children. Our Website is not designed for or directed to children under the age of 13. If we become aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personally Identifiable Information to us, we will delete the information from our records. If you become aware of any Personally Identifiable Information we collected from children under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
7. Who are the third parties to which Dollar General may disclose my Personally Identifiable Information?
By accessing our Website, you are authorizing Dollar General to disclose your Personally Identifiable Information:
- To our affiliates, selected product vendors, trusted partners with whom we have a business relationship in order to address a product concern, or to notify you of special offers and promotions relating to such companies' products available through Dollar General;
- To our third-party service providers (and their affiliates and service providers) who manage a particular operation and its services (e.g., electronic commerce, digital coupon platform). Examples of the services performed by these third-party service providers include:
- payment processing and authorization;
- fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- order fulfillment and shipping (shipping information will be shared with delivery service providers (U.S. Postal Service, UPS, or other delivery companies we or you select);
- marketing and promotional material distribution.
- To those within our organization with a business need to know.
8. Targeted Advertising
If you would like to opt out of targeted advertising that occurs on from our third -party advertising publishers, please click here: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. Please note that this will also opt you out of targeted ads from us and any other participating advertisers. If you opt out, you will continue to receive online advertising from us; however, these ads may not be as relevant to you.
9. What security does Dollar General use for information collected from me?
Dollar General and our third-party service providers use reasonable technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to secure your Personally Identifiable Information
Although we work to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, you should be aware that no technology is perfect and that there is always some risk involved in transferring data over the Internet, particularly if you send information to us through an unsecured means, such as e-mail.
10. How do I review the information Dollar General has collected on me?
Information for Accounts Created on Our Website
- If you have created an Online Shopping account on our Website, you can access your profile information at any time by clicking on the "My Account" link.
- Information provided to DG Digital Coupons is available in the Settings area of the DG Digital Coupons Webpage or with your eReceipts.
Information Retained in our Active Databases
- If you would like to review or correct any Personally Identifiable Information we have retained about you in our active databases, please send an e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All such e-mail requests must be written in the English language.
Information You Provided in Connection With A Promotion or Sweepstakes
- If you wish to update Personally Identifiable Information you have provided in connection with a promotion or sweepstakes, please consult the Official Rules of that promotion or sweepstakes.
Information Relating to Services Provided by Our Service Providers
- If you need help accessing your information related to a service provided by one of our service providers, we will assist you by referring you to the third party. Please contact us for that information by submitting an e-mail request to email@example.com.
11. How do I opt out of Dollar General programs?
- If you receive an e-mail from Dollar General relating to any offer or promotion and wish to be removed from future e-mail contacts, you will have the option to do so by selecting a link located within that e-mail.
- If you select not to receive future e-mail solicitations, the only future e-mail communication you will receive from us will be in response to questions from you or to resolve any customer service issues you may have reported or other business related matters.
- If you would like to remove yourself from the Dollar General Text message service, reply "STOP" to an incoming message or send the word "STOP" to 34898.
- If you would like to stop the eReceipt service, you can do so in the settings area for DG Digital Coupons.
- If you would like to remove your Digital Coupon account, visit: http://www.dollargeneral.com/dcfeedback.
13. California Do Not Track Policy
Some browsers have a "do not track" feature that may transmit "do not track" signals to the websites and other online services with which the browser communicates. At this time, we do not currently participate in any "Do Not Track" (DNT) systems that would allow us to respond to such browser "do not track" signals.
14. Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident you have the right to request and receive information regarding the disclosure of your Personally Identifiable Information by Dollar General or any of our affiliates to a third party for its direct marketing purposes. Any such requests for information can be made by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing us at:
Dollar General Corporation
100 Mission Ridge
Goodlettsville, TN 37072
Attn: Marketing Department.